Sara is a Licensed Acupuncturist and graduate of the Virginia University of Integrative Medicine with a Master of Science degree in Acupuncture. She received Diplomate status with National Certification from the NCCAOM.
Sara’s introduction to acupuncture began when her 16-year-old Labrador Retriever suffered from chronic pain caused by degenerative disc disease. With limited treatment options, Sara searched for alternatives and discovered acupuncture. Acupuncture provided pain relief for her beloved pet without harmful medications or surgery. In turn, Sara’s eyes were opened to a whole new perspective on healing. She too began acupuncture to treat her own chronic low back pain sustained after many years as a competitive equestrian.
These personal experiences with acupuncture instilled in Sara a belief that we all have the innate ability to heal ourselves if given proper support. So began her quest to help others through acupuncture, nutrition and various other modalities used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Sara loves working with both children and adults and is passionate about women’s health, mental wellness, and pain management.
Among the many conditions for which acupuncture can provide relief:
- Osteoarthritis, low back pain, sciatica, rotator cuff injuries, fibromyalgia
- Chronic headaches, migraine
- Acid reflux disease (GERD), IBS, Colitis, Crohn's Disease
- Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia
- Fatigue and nausea caused by cancer chemotherapy
- Menstrual irregularity, cramps, and infertility
- Weight loss
- Allergic rhinitis, Sinusitis, Asthma
- Parkinson's disease, Multiple sclerosis, Stroke
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Holistic Facial Rejuvination
- And so much more...