- A unique opportunity for talented therapists to gain clinical experience while developing a skill set that will support a long and satisfying career.
- A mentor directed post-graduate program designed to nurture clinical skill and professionalism, intended for recent graduates or therapists who have been practicing for a short time.
- Includes academic instruction, practical learning, and clinical experience.
Graduates of massage school who are licensed by the Virginia Board of Nursing, or have applied for the license, and have professional liability insurance through one of the professional associations are welcome to apply.
The ideal candidates are recent graduates or therapists seeking to deepen their knowledge and take their practice to a new level. Talented, curious therapists will leave the fellowship with the skills to create a thriving, challenging and fulfilling practice.
- LEARN the skills you need to work effectively with clients who are in pain or recovering from injuries.
- RECEIVE 92 CEs from Precision Neuromuscular Massage Therapy and 130 CEs from Whitney Lowe by completing PNMT Certification series and Whitney Lowe’s Orthopedic Massage on-line course.
- EARN your NCBTMB Clinical Rehabilitative Massage Specialist Certificate
- PARTICIPATE in a two-hour supervision/tutorial session twice a month led by a highly trained and experienced Teal Center therapist.
ALL AT NO COST TO YOU! The market value of this advanced education experience is approximately $5,000. AND EARN $$ by seeing clients at The Teal Center while you learn. We pay you $40 an hour for every one-hour massage you do as a Teal Center Fellow.
You will be an employee of The Teal Center and be required to see a minimum of 400 clients during the 2-year Fellowship. Motivated therapists will see many times that number!
Due to the shutdown caused by Covid-19, the Teal Center has decided to postpone the Fellowship program. Please call us at 703-522-7637 if you have any questions.
What are the logistics?
Location: (4001 9th St. N, Suite 230, Arlington, VA 22203) The Teal Center at Randolph Towers is two blocks from the Ballston Metro, on the Orange Line and two blocks from the Ballston Mall, where five hours of parking in its garage currently is $4. There’s also metered street parking. The Teal Center supplies tables, linens and a professional, collaborative environment.
• Recent graduate of an accredited massage therapy training program or a therapist with one to three years working in the field.
• Licensed by the Virginia Board of Nursing, or license applied for.
• Professional Liability Insurance
To apply please provide:
• Letter of interest explaining your qualifications and objectives for the Fellowship and describing how participating in this Fellowship will support your professional goals
• Proof of graduation from an accredited massage therapy training program: diploma and transcripts – or expected graduation date.
• Copy of Virginia Massage Therapist License or proof of application for the license.
• Proof of Professional Liability Insurance
• Letter of recommendation from a massage school instructor or administrator